Today was the perfect restful day for recovering from a nasty cold! The essential components:
1. slept in
2. made a big bowl of pumpkin multi-grain cereal for brunch
2. walked in the sunshine while admiring the sparkling ottawa river
3. watched harry p the 7th!
4. chilled in Bridgehead with a soy chai latte, reading Steinbeck
5. cooked sweet potato-broccoli soup
6. and currently drinking Earl Grey tea, knitting and editing photos 🙂
Here’s a step-by-step photo sequence for the soup, ’cause I happened to have my camera handy during the cooking process –
Chop two sweet potatoes and a couple of stalks of broccoli.
Chop one yellow onion, and mince ginger (about 1 Tbsp) and two cloves garlic. Fry ’em up in 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
Thai red curry paste! (That video always cheers me up.)
Add 1 Tbsp red curry paste and vegetables to the pot.
Add 4c vegetable stock and seasonings (I used black pepper, chili power, and a pinch of cayenne). Bring to a boil.
After about 25 min, remove from heat and puree with a hand blender. Add 1/3 c coconut milk. Return to LOW heat and cook 5 min.
Top with fresh (or not-so-fresh, my case…) parsley.
Zucchini bread AGAIN? Why yes.
Recipe from Joy of Baking – I used 1/4 c pumpkin + 1/4 c oil and halved the sugar.
Last batch of Montreal shots-
Happiness = good reading material + park + sunshine!